Guttering and pointing issuesWhen should I choose a Building Survey?

You should choose a Building Survey if you want a report that is more detailed than a RICS HomeBuyer Report or RICS Condition Report, or if you’re dealing with a property that is:

  • Large
  • Old
  • Listed 
  • In poor condition
  • Unusual
  • Non traditional construction
  • Significantly altered and therefore not suitable for the RICS reports

You’ll also want to choose this option if you’re planning major works on a property.

It’s the most expensive type of survey but it provides you with greater detail about the structure and fabric of the property.

Brickwork coming awayWhat does it include?

A building survey (commonly known as a structural survey) includes:

  • A thorough inspection of the property by a RICS qualified surveyor
  • A detailed report on a wide range of issues
  • A Market Valuation (if requested)
  • An outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
  • Advice for your legal advisers
  • Details of serious risks and dangerous conditions
  • Photographs

Roof tile breaking upFollowing dispatch of the Report, we will happily provide guidance and advice right up to exchange of contracts, and thereafter should the need arise.

Download RICS Home Survey Information Sheet

Download RICS Home Survey Guide

Head Office
01476 584190